EBEN Annual Conference June 23-26,2020
EBEN Annual Conference brings together leading European academics and professionals in business ethics, compliance and CSR to share current research, best practices and agenda for future development of the field.
This Conference will takes place in St. Petersburg (Russia) on June 23-26, 2020, and will be devoted to self-regulation of ethical behavior in the markets.
- How to find proper balance between government regulation and self-regulation of the market by professional or industrial associations?
- How to develop best compliance and ethics management programs inside the companies to improve ethical conduct and reduce the level of government control?
- How to expand best ethics and CSR practices of leading companies to the entire economy?
We expect more than 100 academics, managers and experts from European countries as well as Russian regulatory bodies (Bank of Russia, Federal Antimonopoly Service and others) to discuss the experience of self-regulation and share best practices to improve ethical behavior in the market.
Call for Papers
The main theme of the conference is self-regulation of ethical behavior in the markets. Usually, the business is regulated by the Invisible Hand of the markets which forces corporations to build loyalty of their consumers and employees, and by Visible Hand of the government who establishes the general rules of the game. However, there are many situations where asymmetry of information, bounded rationality or complex ethical dilemmas make both Invisible and Visible Hand ineffective. There is a third mechanism — self-regulation of the market by professional or industrial associations which may fill the gap and restore ethical behavior in the marker. In which situation we need self-regulation, what is the optimal model of this mechanism and which factors influence its success? We would like to discuss the experience of self-regulation from various countries and markets to reveal and share best practices and improve ethical behavior in the market.
We seek contributors from different theoretical perspectives, research approaches and in different empirical contexts. Besides, we invite business people and government officials to share their experience and expectations for self-regulation
- Theory of regulation and self-regulation of market ethics
- Regulation of financial markets: from rules to principles
- Anti-corruption compliance: best practices
- Ethics of advertising and fair competition
- Ethics and sustainability as a brand strategy: opportunities and risks
- Ethical challenges of new techologies (AI, big data, genetics, etc.)
- Ethical training for employees and managers: how to make it work?
- How to bring ethics and compliance programs to SMEs?
- Uberization of the economy and the dark side of competition
- Gender issues in labor markets
Beside special tracks devoted to the conference topic, we welcome contributors for general business ethics and CSR areas:
- Theoretical foundations of business ethics and CSR
- Teaching business ethics and CSR in universities
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): progress and expectations
- Human rights in business
- Inequality, discrimination and gender ethics
- Public sector ethics
EBEN members are kindly invited to submit contributions about any area of Business Ethics and special tracks proposals. Please, contact Maxim Storchevoy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Abstract submission guidelines
Send a Word file (.doc or .docx), format Times New Roman, 12, 1,5 line spacing, Spanish or English language (English preferred), with the following information:
- Full name and institution of the autor
- Keywords (5)
- Abstract: maximum 400 words.
- Track to contribute
- Bibliographical references (optional)
- Brief (few lines) CV
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 15th April.
All authors are required to send a full paper before the conference, which will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and may be considered for a Special Issue of Business Ethics: A European Journal (information will be published soon)
Call for papers – Doctoral Workshop
Doctoral students are invited to submit an application for the participation in the Doctoral Workshop to be held in conjunction with EBEN AC 2020. During the Workshop, doctoral students will be invited to share their current dissertation work-in-progress with their peers and with an international panel of research mentors invited to take part in the Workshop. The coordinators of the workshop will be announced soon. The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 15th April 2020.